Personal Data Protection Policy
Source of Your Personal Data
Most, if not all, of your personal data was obtained from you directly, either from the following sources or from any other information you provided and this may include:
- Sign Up Form;
- Various type of Application and/or Registration Forms;
- All other School and/or support services related Request Forms
- Previous qualification related documents and/or certificates
In some instances, your personal data may have been obtained from external sources including, but not restricted to the following:
- From third parties such as previous educational institutions, law enforcement agencies and other government entities;
- Third party service providers and any other future third parties in relation or incidental to the above;
- Personal data which are available in the public domain;
- Personal data which may be collected from cookies through the use of the School’s website
What Personal Data Do We Process?
The School needs to collect and process your personal data for various administrative purposes. Generally, the personal data that we collect and process, include but is not restricted to:
Name, Identification number (NRIC), Passport number, Address, Contact numbers, Personal email address, Photo and images, Nationality, Gender, Date of birth, Previous Qualification, Marital Status, Employment/occupation
If the personal data is necessary to initiate any matter with the School, and you refuse to provide the personal data to the School, then the School will not be able to proceed further with your matter.
Sensitive Personal Data
Some of the personal data that we collect and process may include what is defined as ‘sensitive personal data’ under the Act and these include, but not restricted to:
Race, religion, health, records of misconduct and disciplinary action, records of criminal offence, family court orders
This sensitive information shall be treated carefully by the School and will only be used for specific purposes. It will not be released to a third party without your explicit consent unless it is necessary to protect your vital interests.
How Do We Use Our Personal Data?
The purpose for which personal data is collected and further processed includes, but not restricted to the following:
- To process application to sign up as alumni of Garden International School;
- To manage and respond to enquiries;
- To maintain and update current and former student, staff and parents personal details, academic
and non- academic records;
- To facilitate alumni and school related activities and events;
- To maintain a student/class register;
- To provide the relevant administrative support to the upkeep of the website and alumni
- To manage and maintain relationship with current and former students, staff and parents as
alumni of the school including sending information, updates, announcements, and invitations
which are related to alumni matters and school related activities and events;
- To collect information for relevant local or international statutory authorities
- To collect information for maintaining alumni records
- Any other purposes related to the smooth running of the School.
Provision Of Information
The provision of all information requested for in the relevant forms of the School is mandatory, unless specified otherwise, in enabling us to process your application/request and offer our services to you. Should you fail to provide the said information, the School may be unable to process your request and/or provide you with the relevant services.
Disclosure Of Your Personal Data
Garden International School will keep your personal data confidential unless you have given the written consent to such disclosure or it is within the ambit of permitted disclosures under prevailing laws/guidelines. The School may disclose your information to the categories of third parties as listed below (not restricted to):
- The Ministry of Education, other relevant government departments/agencies, statutory
authorities and industry regulators;
- Malaysian Immigration Department and its appointed agencies;
- Foreign embassies and their appointed agencies;
- Professional or accreditation bodies;
- Third parties appointed by Garden International School to provide services to the School such
as auditors, lawyers, contractors, printing companies, travel agencies, training organiser and
- Other institutions or companies with Taylor’s Education Group.
Right To Access And Data Subject’s Obligation
You have the right to access and correct your personal information held by the School under the Act. We will attempt to keep your records complete, accurate and up-to-date. If you have any reason to believe that your records with us are inaccurate, incomplete or not updated, please notify the School in a timely manner. If you wish to request for access to, or to correct data held by the School, or withdraw your consent to the data processing/use of your personal data by us, please forward your request to the School Service and Quality Management Manager through:
- (603) 6209 6888 (telephone)
- (603) 6201 2468 (facsimile)
- firstname.lastname@example.org (email)
Garden International School reserves the right to charge you an administrative fee for processing any data access request.
Although, we only process your personal data for purposes as stated above, in the event that your personal data is being processed for other purposes (with your consent), you have the right to request us to stop such processing. You may exercise this right by contacting the School through aforementioned. However, if you choose not to provide and/or fail to supply us with such personal data (and/or decide not to give us consent to process your personal data, including explicit consent for sensitive personal data), we will not be able to perform the contract of enrolment or process your application for enrolment with us.
Accordingly, if you decide not to provide the mandatory information to us, it may necessarily mean that the sign up/ registration process in the website as an alumni of Garden International School might not be successful.
Any request to exercise your rights shall be administered as per the Act. Please be informed that pursuant to the Act, your request may be rejected in certain circumstances.
Amendments to This Privacy
This Policy may be reviewed and amended from time to time. We will communicate such changes along with the updated Policy on the website: https://www.gisalumni.gardenschool.edu.my or other appropriate communication means as may determined by Garden International School Sdn Bhd. Users are advised to visit the website on a regular basis to check for any updates and changes on this Notice.